Hello! Another beautiful Saturday! Spent the morning in the garden and then cleaned myself up so I could check-out my neighbor’s Pop-up Shop, where I bought an elevated gardening bed. I’ll take photos once I have plants in it. It’s so pretty.
Anywhere, here are five things I’m liking this week:
1. Blueberries. A little early, but my blueberry bushes are ready to be picked. Yummers. In the winter, I checked out some library books and watched an instructional video to learn how to prune blueberry bushes. I think I did a pretty good job, if I do say so myself. (Also: see how wonderful libraries are? Informative and educational!)
2. Our cat Loki is a vertical scratcher, meaning that she has poked so many holes in my velvet curtains that the bottom halves look terrible. Grr. I did some research and found this SmartCat Ultimate Scratching Post. It’s definitely the ultimate. Loki loves it and those velvet curtains are a littler safer now. I wish I had this a few years ago, before she started tearing up our sofa.
3. This Old House. I watch the show and subscribe to the magazine. I don’t actually DO anything, but I appreciate the lessons and ideas. Someday I might decide to dive into home improvement projects and I’ll have all this knowledge! Haha. The show reminds me of my father — an original DIYer.
4. Salt and vinegar potato chips. Salt and vinegar on tomatoes. Salt and vinegar on cabbage. Salt and vinegar on French fries. Salt and vinegar on fish. Salt and vinegar in soup.
5. L’Oreal Colour Caresse by Colour Riche lipstick in Violet Chiffon. This is probably the best lipstick I’ve tried in ages. The color is gorgeous. A non-sticky, non-drying lipstick that feels like lip balm. I wear it almost every day. I might have to try other shades but for now I’m loving Violet Chiffon.