My sister and I decided to carry on with our Friday Five posts, where we list five things that we like/love.
1. Rainy, summer days. It’s nice to have some rain; it really brightens up the plants and provides a bit of coziness and quiet from all the warm weather activities.
2. Digging out weeds. A great way to let out my frustrations. Die, weed! Die!
3. It’s funny how certain bloggers can bring you peace and joy merely by posting gorgeous photos, a funny anecdote, engaging discussions. Their enthusiasm for life, art, fashion, food, and travel offers a lovely respite from the more difficult aspects of life. Fashion illustrator Garance Doré does just that with her diary.
4. I think the “It Girl” right now is Zooey Deschanel and, yes, she is awesome. But my preference is for her equally talented sister Emily Deschanel, who plays Temperance Brennan on the tv show Bones. Her portrayal of the brilliant forensic anthropologist is delightful. Like Sophia Loren, Emily is beautiful, strong, funny, a great presence on screen. Plus, she’s an older sister with crazy tales about torturing her younger sibling. Yeah, I kind of relate to that.
5. Oh! Check out this wonderful house tour: Amy & David Butler’s Creative Textile Lab of a Home. Who knew a house could be so alive and happy? Plus, cats! (Photo from the Apartment Therapy house tour.)